Re: LIVE - Survival Sunday: Five clubs, 90 minutes, two relegation spots

litlio wrote:
HakonHoy wrote:

but does it really matter?  Fergie sent out this second string side against Schalke and they managed to demolish the Germans.

probably not. but hope Blackpool will manage to stay up!! really enjoy Holloway's comments! what do you reckon? will Hollo be missed in the PL?

Yes, would be great if they could have managed to stay up, but I expect them to lose at Old Trafford and go down.

Who do you rate as the Premier League player of the season?

So here is what Rooney (according to his Twitter) is up to at the moment:

"Morning all can't wait for game later gonna be a great celebration. Just listening to some stereophonics. Pull the pin albumb. Rocking"

--

Daily Mirror Chief Sports Writer Oliver Holt is not concerned by which team Ferguson picks today:

he wrote on his twitter: "Unless Ferguson puts the youth team out, his selection is a non-issue. He's got a 25-man squad. Up to him who he picks from it."

"Whatever happens at OT today, Blackpool have been a credit to the PL. Hope they stay up but it's a big, big ask."

--

What are your expectations for today??

A new little news update on Survival Sunday:

Owen Hargreaves' time at Old Trafford seems to be over - http://www.ontheminute.com/news/news.php?news=31350

Newly promoted QPR are keen to sign a Spurs defender - http://www.ontheminute.com/news/news.php?news=31352

HakonHoy wrote:
litlio wrote:

probably not. but hope Blackpool will manage to stay up!! really enjoy Holloway's comments! what do you reckon? will Hollo be missed in the PL?

Yes, would be great if they could have managed to stay up, but I expect them to lose at Old Trafford and go down.

Charlie Adam - based on the club he plays for etc. he has been my player of the season!! Great player. will be interesting to see where he goes this summer. might even end up where he will play today, Old Trafford.

Could be a lot of drama at Old Trafford today, with Blackpool expected to ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK, just like Holloway likes it!

Let me start from Man U - Blackpool game. Two reasons I believe Man U will not loose this game. First is that the game against Barcelona is still 6 days to go. It's not the same as usual Tuesday-Wednesday Champions League games. 6 days is a lot of time and in this part of season players need to play once a week to keep a good form so I bet most of Devils stars will play today. 
And second thing Ferguson is not a man that will allow any kind of relax before the game, firstly because he needs his men focus on football as this is their last test ahead of Barca and secondly cause he doesn't want to read opinions that he allowed Blackpool to win - simply because his players also read papers and this kind of comments before Barca won't do any good.

litlio wrote:
HakonHoy wrote:

Charlie Adam - based on the club he plays for etc. he has been my player of the season!! Great player. will be interesting to see where he goes this summer. might even end up where he will play today, Old Trafford.

Yeah, Charlie Adam have been really good, but much better in the first half of the season. Probably won't end up at OT. I do not believe he is good enough to be a regular there and Adam would probably only move to a club where he will be a regular in the starting line-ups..

Did you take a look at scorers tables. I think Ferguson will let Berbatov play as he is now level with Tevez on the list, so if he scores he has a good chance to be the top scorer. Not any massive thing but a bet on him to score might be a good idea to consider with some low stakes.

michel wrote:

Let me start from Man U - Blackpool game. Two reasons I believe Man U will not loose this game. First is that the game against Barcelona is still 6 days to go. It's not the same as usual Tuesday-Wednesday Champions League games. 6 days is a lot of time and in this part of season players need to play once a week to keep a good form so I bet most of Devils stars will play today. 
And second thing Ferguson is not a man that will allow any kind of relax before the game, firstly because he needs his men focus on football as this is their last test ahead of Barca and secondly cause he doesn't want to read opinions that he allowed Blackpool to win - simply because his players also read papers and this kind of comments before Barca won't do any good.

Yeah, I agree. Probably a lot of players who will be looking to impress Fergie as well in order to take up a spot in the starting eleven against Barcelona. Do you believe Blackpool will manage to get a goal today, or will it be all United?

michel wrote:

Did you take a look at scorers tables. I think Ferguson will let Berbatov play as he is now level with Tevez on the list, so if he scores he has a good chance to be the top scorer. Not any massive thing but a bet on him to score might be a good idea to consider with some low stakes.

Top scorers in the EPL:
D. Berbatov     Manchester United     20
C. Tévez     Manchester City     20
R. van Persie     Arsenal     17
D. Bent     Sunderland     17
P. Odemwingie     West Bromwich Albion     15
J. Hernández     Manchester United     13
D. Campbell     Blackpool     13
F. Malouda     Chelsea     13
D. Kuyt     Liverpool     13
R. van der Vaart     Tottenham Hotspur     13

berbatov will be desperate to get a goal against blackpool and I also expect Ferguson to be keen for Berbatov to finish above Tevez on the top scorers list. Will be an interesting battle between Berbatov and Tevez this one. I believe Tevez will finish top actually...