Topic: European Championships Qualifiers picks 3-4/6

Moldova vs Sweden

Date: 3 June 2011
Kick-off: 20:30

Sweden have won the last three meeting with Moldova. They won 0-2 in their last meeting in Moldova. But Sweden failed to impress when they only won 2-1 at home to Moldova in March. But Sweden should be able to win this one.

Sweden to win.

Re: European Championships Qualifiers picks 3-4/6

Austria vs Germany

Kick-off: 20:35

Austria have been terrible recently and Germany have won the last five meetings with their neighbours in the south. Germany should, with the team they have, be able to beat Austria in this one and I believe in many goals.

Germany to win and More than 2.5 goals.

Belarus vs France

Kick-off: 20:50

France have been very strong with Laurent Blanc in charge and should be clear favourites to win this one. France lost 0-1 when they met Belarus at home in September, so could be a tricky one. But will go for France to win.

France to win.

Italy vs Estonia

Kick-off: 20:45

Italy are strong and should have no problems getting the win from this one as Estonia have failed to impress me recently. Italy won 1-2 away when these two met in September.

Italy to win with 0-1 handicap.

Belgium vs Turkey

Belgium have been very good in their recent games, but their meeting with Turkey away ended in a 3-2 defeat. But Belgium should have a good chance at getting something from this one.

Belgium to win.

A little news update:

Portugal defender Ricardo Carvalho will miss the Euro 2012 qualifier against Norway on Saturday.
Read more: http://www.ontheminute.com/news/news.php?news=31748

Russia vs Armenia

Date: 4 June 2011
Kick-off: 17:00

Neither Russia nor Armenia have impressed me recently. Their meeting in March this year ended in a goalless draw, but I expect Russia to be able to win this one at home.

Russia to win.

Iceland vs Denmark

Iceland have been terrible in their recent games and I would expect Denmark to be able to take the points in Reykjavik on Saturday. Denmark has own the last five meetings between these two.

Denmark to win.

Macedonia vs Ireland

Kick-off: 21:30

Ireland have been outstanding in their recent games while Macedonia have struggled. Ireland won 2-1 at home against Macedonia when these two met in March, but I believe in fewer goals this time around.

Less than 2.5 goals.

Portugal vs Norway

Kick-off: 22:00

Portugal will miss Carvalho in this one, but should have a fair chance against Norway in this one. But Norway have been pritty decent with Egil Olsen in charge. Based on the recent meetings between these two and Norway's last games I expect few goals in this one.

Less than 2.5 goals.

England vs Switzerland

Kick-off: 17:45

Fabio Capello's men should have no problems at all winning this one against Switzerland at Wembley Stadium. The Three Lions won 1-3 when they met Switzerland in a Euro 2012 qualifier in Switzerland in September and I expect them to get a clear win in this one as well.

England to win with 0-1 handicap.

A little news update:

England captain John Terry admits he is 'delighted' to be playing alongside Rio Ferdinand again.
Read more: http://www.ontheminute.com/news/news.php?news=31753

So the first Euro qualifier is finished, I did not have any picks on that one wink

Kazakhstan    2 - 1    Azerbaijan

Euro 2012 Qualifiers results 3/6

Kazakhstan    2 - 1    Azerbaijan           
Faroe Islands    0 - 2    Slovenia           
Liechtenstein    2 - 0    Lithuania           
Croatia    2 - 1    Georgia           
Romania    3 - 0    Bosnia & Herzegovina           
Austria    1 - 2    Germany           
Moldova    1 - 4    Sweden           
San Marino    0 - 1    Finland           
Belgium    1 - 1    Turkey