Topic: R.I.P Gary Speed - Wales boss Speed dies aged 42

Wales manager Gary Speed has died at the age of just 42, the Football Association of Wales announced on Sunday.

Speed was found hanged at his home in Chester this morning. Police say there are no suspicious circumstances surrounding Speed's death.

A spokesman for Cheshire Police said: "At 7.08am this morning, sunday 27 November, police were informed of an incident at Aldford Road, Huntington.

"Officers went to the scene where a 42-year-old man was found dead. There are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death and next of kind have been informed."

The spokesman added that the 42-year-old was found hanged.

A statement from the Welsh FA read: "The Football Association of Wales are sad to announce the death of the national team manager Gary Speed.

"We extend our sympathies and condolences to the family. We ask that everyone respects the family's privacy at this very sad time."

Read more: http://www.ontheminute.com/news/news.php?news=35387

Here we will try to provide you with the latest from the football world on the Terrible, terrible news. Condolences to friends, colleagues and family. RIP Gary Speed!

Feel free to remember Speed and send your condolences in this post!

Re: R.I.P Gary Speed - Wales boss Speed dies aged 42

From Twitter

Everton star Tim Cahill:

"Gary Speed was the ultimate pro on and off the pitch. So sad to lose someone so special to Football,Friends,Fans,Family Rest in Peace mate."

Wales legend Robbie Savage:

"The world has lost a great man in Gary speed I'm devastated spoke to him yesterday morning why ! Why. Why !! I'll miss him so much x"

"He come to watch strictly 3/4 weeks ago I high fived him in the front row he loved the show ,he loved life he loved his family ! Devastated"

"He was upbeat on phone yesterday we were laughing together , talking football and dancing he was a great teammate and a great friend #RIP"

Newcastle star Danny Simpson:

"Can't believe the news about Gary Speed.... Thoughts go out 2 his family. RIP"

Arsenal star Jack Wilshere:

"Wow shocked at the news about Gary Speed! thoughts are with his family! RIP"

Wigan keeper Ali Al-Habsi:

"Rest in peace Gary Speed"

Sky Sports' Bryan Swanson:

"Stunned to hear about death of Gary Speed. One of the game's model professionals. Thoughts are with family and friends."

BBC's Phil McNulty:

"Just heard the news about the death of Wales manager Gary Speed. Terrible, terrible news. Condolences to friends, colleagues and family."

Middlesbrough and England legend Gareth Southgate:

"Absolutely tragic news about Gary Speed. So sad for his young family"

England Cricket legend Ronnie Irani:

"I lost a real good friend today, a good friend. Oh Gary so, so sad."

"It's done me in. Been crying the last hour. Similar to you I spoke to him just the other day @themichaelowen"

Queens Park Ranger star Anton Ferdinand:

"Can't believe the news I'm waking up 2 about Gary Speed my thoughts go out 2 his Famil"

The Mirror's Oliver Holt:

"Terrible, shocking news about the death of Gary Speed. Thoughts with his family."

England and Manchester United striker Michael Owen:

"Just cannot believe the news regarding Gary Speed. We waved at each other a couple of days ago dropping our kids off at school. I'm numb."

"He has died aged 42. So sad. He lived local to me and we knew his family. He leaves behind 2 sons. Tragic."

Former Manchester United and Newcastle winger Keith Gillespie:

"Can't believe the news about Gary Speed! Pleasure to have known and played with him. My thoughts r with his family.RIP"

Gary Speed's career in pictures

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/wales/9284442.stm

and what a career he has had!! RIP Speed!

More from Twitter

Everton star Phil Neville:

"Horrific news about Gary speed my thoughts and prayers are with his family"

Manchester United legend Peter Schmeichel:

"Gary Speed, you were always the gentleman and I find it really sad that you are not here anymore. My thoughts are with your family."

Norwich star Anthony Pilkington:

"Wow such sad news about Gary Speed! Football has lost a #Legend today."

Former Liverpool star, now Real Madrid ace Xabi Alonso:

"RIP Gary Speed. My first PL game game was against him, he showed me in that game what is british football about."

More reactions from Twitter

QPR midfield star Joey Barton:

"Just hearing about Gary Speed, to say am shocked is an understatement. Was only watching him on football focus yesterday. What has gone on?"

"Wow, that is unbelievably sad. My thoughts are with his family and friends. Really sad news......."

"Moments like this put everything truly into perspective........nothing in this world is more important than feeling loved by ur loved ones."

Former Middlesbrough star Gaizka Mendieta:

"Shocked after hearing Gary Speed sad news!! I played a few times against him...Great player and great guy!My condolences to the family"

Wales international captain and Arsenal star Aaron Ramsey

"I was given the tragic news this morning. To say I am devastated is an understatement. My thoughts and prayers go out to Gary's family and friends. Today the world has lost a great football manager but even more sadly a great man. He will be missed by all"

Arsenal star 'devastated' at death of Speed

Wales international captain Aaron Ramsey admits he is devastated following the death of Gary Speed.

Read more: http://www.ontheminute.com/news/news.php?news=35388

Man Utd legend 'totally devastated' by Speed death

Manchester United legend Ryan Giggs is 'totally devastated' by the news that Gary Speed has died, just 42-years-old.

Read more: http://www.ontheminute.com/news/news.php?news=35389

Man Utd legend pays tribute to Speed

Manchester United legend Gary Neville has described Gary Speed as a 'fantastic professional'.

Read more: http://www.ontheminute.com/news/news.php?news=35390

From Twitter:

Nottingham Forrest and Wales star Chris Gunter

"Completely devastated by the news. My thoughts and prayers are with Gary's family and children. A role model and inspiration. Rip gaffer"

http://twitpic.com/show/thumb/7kmihz.jpg

Aston Villa keeper and Gary Speed's former team-mate Shay Given in tears after the minute's silence for Speed at Swansea