Re: R.I.P Gary Speed - Wales boss Speed dies aged 42

McAllister shocked at the death of Speed

Gary McAllister has expressed his shock at the death of his former Leeds United team-mate Gary Speed.

Read more: http://www.ontheminute.com/news/news.php?news=35423

Speed's family overwhelmed by support

The family of Gary Speed have said that they are 'overwhelmed by the support' they have received since the death of the Wales boss on Sunday.

Read more: http://www.ontheminute.com/news/news.php?news=35424

More from Twitter:

Wolves midfielder Jamie O'hara:

"Just heard about gary speed what a shame, fantastic player and was doing really well with whales RIP and send condolences to his family"

Blakburn striker Jason Roberts:

"On the way to Cardiff and Gary Speed is still very much on my mind...I hope his Families privacy is respected..My Prayers are with them!!"

Manchester United and Coventry legend Dion Dublin:

"I just cannot comprehend the news about Gary Speed !! I am just .... I don't know what I am ? Its so so sad , what a total legend !!! 42 !!"

"2day feels empty, just nothing in my head apart from memories of Speedo ! I cannot stop thinking about him! 42 years old !!"

"Speedo ... "U were a WARRIOR Sir" !! OMG I'm so so upset !!"

"I'm having waves of emotion and can't control them !!! I just can't except its happened !!!"

Former Sunderland star Michael Gray:

"I was at the @bbc5live studios when the shock news came through about gary speed. My thoughts go out to his family. A true gent. RIP gary"

"My 5000th tweet goes to GARY SPEED.. A true professional, a great guy who will be sadly missed but never forgotten..#RIP,GARYSPEED #LEGEND"

Nottingham star Matthew Derbyshire:

"RIP Gary speed one of footballs true gentlemen . Ule be sadly missed ."

Just tweeted by Ronnie Irani:

"10 players have contacted Sporting Chance clinic since the the death of Gary Speed. Incredible."

From Bobby Gould :

"10 players have contacted Sporting Chance clinic since the the death of Gary Speed Any of you lads need HELP out there just contact me ASAP"

"to those '10' players out there ! Lad's I have got the'T' Shirt ,been there seen it done it .Just you & me DM if you want or get my numbers."

Newcastle United have confirmed the arrangements they have put in place ahead of Saturday's Premier League fixture with Chelsea to pay tribute to Gary Speed.

The official match programme will carry a picture of Gary on the front cover, as well as containing a four-page tribute.

Prior to kick-off, a singer will lead the 52,000 capacity crowd in a rendition of the famous Welsh hymn, Bread of Heaven.

Whilst the hymn is sung supporters in the East Stand will be asked to hold up black and white cards which will depict the number 11, the shirt number Gary wore whilst at United. Upon completion of the hymn, a minute's applause will be observed.

Stoke manager Tony Pulis has paid tribute to countryman Gary Speed following the Wales manager's death on Sunday. "There's been a lot of tributes to Gary, and rightly so, he was a smashing person," he said.

"First and foremost a great, great footballer. As a family man , I wouldn't know, I didn't know his wife or his two children, but he spoke very fondly of the boys and taking them away to games. It's tragic. The football world has lost not just a good man but a good football man as well.

Former Wales forward John Hartson shares his memories of Gary Speed on ITV4. He said: "I first met Gary Speed when I was 11 years old when I was on trial with Leeds. He heard that there were a few Welsh lads on trial and he came over and said 'hello'.

"I then made my Wales debut at 19 and he looked after me and made sure that I settled in well. He was a great fella and it's such a sad loss. A waste. It's devastating and I really can't believe it."