Topic: Top ten transfer cops and flops

ONE Sport's Sarah Williams have rated the top ten transfer cops and flops of the summer market.

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/536641/2057804

What do you think of her list?

Cops:
1. Deco: Barcelona to Chelsea
2. Sami Nasri: Olympique Marseille to Arsenal
3. Dimitar Berbatov: Tottenham to Manchester United
4. Robinho: Real Madrid to Manchester City
5. Robbie Keane: Tottenham to Liverpool

Flops:
1. Cristiano Ronaldo: Manchester United to Real Madrid
2. Gareth Barry: Aston Villa to Liverpool
3. David Villa: Valencia to anyone
4. Ronaldinho: Barcelona to Manchester City
5. Robinho: Real Madrid to Chelsea

Re: Top ten transfer cops and flops

Cops:
1. Deco: Barcelona to Chelsea
Not a good choice for me. Deco started well but he's not a man to win trophies with Chelsea

2. Sami Nasri: Olympique Marseille to Arsenal
Another young player at Arsenal. Should be fine there.

3. Dimitar Berbatov: Tottenham to Manchester United
Berbatov is a star. But will he be a star also at United where he needs to fight for it with Ronaldo and Rooney. It will be really hard. In my opinion he won't manage.

4. Robinho: Real Madrid to Manchester City
A great transfer for Real. Robinho is a strange player. Real is his second club, which he left in a conflict. Real for the first time in many years earned more than spent on transfer market. Really good for this club with a good squad. Robinho was troublesome so it's good he is gone.

5. Robbie Keane: Tottenham to Liverpool
Really poor one. I don't believe Keane will be a first choice player at Liverpool. With this kind of moves The Reds will never win Premier League title

Flops:
1. Cristiano Ronaldo: Manchester United to Real Madrid
He should have left for Real. At Manchester he did his job last season. No motivation for him at Old Trafford

2. Gareth Barry: Aston Villa to Liverpool
Not a big lost for both clubs if it went fine. Also not a problem without it.

3. David Villa: Valencia to anyone
Valencia kept their squad and now can be really on the wave in La Liga

4. Ronaldinho: Barcelona to Manchester City
Ronaldinho had to move. Milan was a good choice for him. Man City - not this sort of club yet.

5. Robinho: Real Madrid to Chelsea
Robinho will be good for Man City. Chelsea would be to big for him.

Re: Top ten transfer cops and flops

Hi there Mike, nice to see you back at OTM wink

I agree with you on most of  your thoughts, but I believe Cristiano Ronaldo was right to snub Real Madrid and stay at Manchester United.  You can only see what happened to Beckham after he left United. He was not any good at Real, only sold shirts for the club.

I agree with you that Valencia can be strong in La Liga this season, will be exciting to follow this team with so many star players they have managed to bring up. Bad with the injury David Silva suffered this week. I believe Real madrid can find it though to win this season.

Robinho to Man City was a good move. He had to leave Real after the comments he made about wanting to leave the club and so on.. And Chelsea had all summer, but did not manage to price him away from Spain. And now I see Peter Kanyon at Chelsea saying that Robinho is not worth the money, eventough City just bid 1 or 2 million pounds more than they did. That is just plain stupidity.

I believe Robbie Keane at Liverpool will be a big floop!! He was wrong to leave Spurs. Liverpool is not the right club for him and you can see that from his first matches this season, as he have not scored for the club so far. I believe Benitez wanted to bring Keane in order to have one big striker (Torres) and one small (keane). But I do not believe the pair will work well together.

I believe Berbatov will manage to be great at United. He is just the player they are missing. A big strong striker, as both Rooney and Tevez are a bit small. If he can show some of the skills he did at Spurs, he will be a great signing for United.  Will also be interesting to see united's angolan signing, if he can manage to get a couple of matches up front for the club. He was very good at the African championship, and could prove a briliant signing.

I agree with you on Deco. There is a reason why Barcelona sold him so cheap to Chelsea. He just is not that good!