Topic: Akinfeev is better than Valdes?

Should Barcelona make a move for CSKA Moscow keeper Akinfeev?

Do they need a new goalkeeper?

Is Akinfeev better than Valdes?

Re: Akinfeev is better than Valdes?

No I don't think so Valdes is still a quality though he never qualified for the national team. Though he tries out best out of best. I think Akinfeev can't replace Valdes but should be brought in for second choice keeper

i have seen valdes for many years and i dont think there is anything special about the guy. He would be seriously exposed in a more physical league. Akinfeev is as good as him if not better and i dont think he will settle for a secondary role.

atankwadi86 wrote:

i have seen valdes for many years and i dont think there is anything special about the guy. He would be seriously exposed in a more physical league. Akinfeev is as good as him if not better and i dont think he will settle for a secondary role.

But what we see is Valdes decency he might concede goals some stunners like Essien in WC. Though he is fit and fine so i don't think Barca would urge to get anything indeed Sergio Asenjo can be brought in who is considered next Iker

no lbr don;t you knoiw what happened to sergio asenjo? signed for big money last season, he flopped completely and his place in the squad was taken by another young goalie david de gea who has taken his place as the most promising young goalie in spain

atankwadi86 wrote:

no lbr don;t you knoiw what happened to sergio asenjo? signed for big money last season, he flopped completely and his place in the squad was taken by another young goalie david de gea who has taken his place as the most promising young goalie in spain

Yes i can see that, Asenjo looks drunk with his eyes hehe,  Though we remember he was highly rated in Euro 18 or Euro 21 who won Euro for Spain. Bojan was in the squad too

yep but those days are long gone. Last i heard he was being touted to anyone who was interested in givign athletico what they invested in him. Good chance that depor or villarreal might snatch him up.