Topic: Championship picks and previews 2010-11

In this topic I will write my picks for the games in the Championship this season. I will also post some team news now and then and some other types of information.

Team home pages:

Barnsley - www.barnsleyfc.premiumtv.co.uk
Bristol City - www.bcfc.co.uk
Burnley - www.burnleyfootballclub.premiumtv.co.uk
Cardiff City - www.cardiffcityfc.premiumtv.co.uk
Coventry City - www.ccfc.premiumtv.co.uk
Crystal Palace - www.cpfc.premiumtv.co.uk
Derby County - www.dcfc.co.uk
Doncaster Rovers - www.doncasterroversfc.premiumtv.co.uk
Hull City - www.hullcityafc.premiumtv.co.uk
Ipswich Town - www.itfc.premiumtv.co.uk
Leeds United - www.leedsunited.com
Leicester City - www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk
Middlesbrough - www.mfc.premiumtv.co.uk
Millwall - www.millwallfc.premiumtv.co.uk
Norwich City - www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk
Nottingham Forest - www.nottinghamforest.premiumtv.co.uk
Portsmouth - www.portsmouthfc.co.uk
Preston North End - www.pnefc.premiumtv.co.uk
Queens Park Rangers - www.qpr.premiumtv.co.uk
Reading - www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk
Scunthorpe United - www.scunthorpe-united.premiumtv.co.uk
Sheffield United - www.sufc.premiumtv.co.uk
Swansea City - www.swanseacity.premiumtv.co.uk
Watford - www.watfordfc.premiumtv.co.uk

Hopefully you guys will join the discussions smile

Re: Championship picks and previews 2010-11

Championship 14 and 15 August

- Saturday -

Barnsley - Crystal Palace
Both meetings between these two last season ended in draws and I believe it will be close this time around as well.
Draw.

Derby - Cardiff
Derby won 2-0 here last season but Cardiff have a strong team and could be able to get something from this one.
More than 2.5 goals.

Doncaster - Bristol City
Doncaster managed a strong start to the season with a 0-2 away win and I believe they will win this game too.
Doncaster to win.

Ipswich - Burnley
Ipswich were great in their opener of the season with a 1-3 away win over Ipswich.
Ipswich to win.

Leicester - Middlesbrough
Leicester won both meetings between these two last season, but Boro should be able to have a chance of getting something in this one.
More than 2.5 goals.

Millwall - Hull
Millwall impressed inthe first game of the season but they face a very strong team in this one.
More than 2.5 goals.

Portsmouth - Reading
Portsmouth lost 2-0 against Coventry in their opening game and have lost much of their squad following their relegation from the Premier League.
More than 2.5 goals.

Scunthorpe - Norwich
Norwich has returned to the Championship and lost 2-3 in their first game of the season.
Scunthorpe to win.

Sheffield Utd - QPR
Sheffield Utd managed a draw in their first game of the season, but QPR impressed me a lot in their opener with a 4-0 win over Burnsley.
More than 2.5 goals.

Swansea - Preston
Preston failed to impress me in their opener this season and I believe Swansea could be able to win this one.
Swansea to win.

Watford - Coventry
Coventry won 2-3 here last season and there are usually plenty of goals when these two meet.
More than 2.5 goals.

- Sunday -

Nottingham - Leeds
I believe in many goals in this game after taking a look at Leeds United's recent games.
More than 2.5 goals.

Championship 11 September

- Saturday -

Coventry - Leicester
Leicester have been very poor in their games so far this season and I would expect Coventry to win this one.
Coventry to win.

Derby - Sheffield Utd
Sheffield Utd have far from impressed me so far this season but I believe it will not be too easy for Derby in this one.
More than 2.5 goals.

Cardiff - Hull
Cardiff have had a good start to the season and Hull have been far from impressive away so far.
Cardiff to win.

Leeds - Swansea
Leeds have had a good start to their return to the Championship and I believe they will be able to win this game.
Leeds to win.

Norwich - Barnsley
Norwich have had a good start to the season and Barnsley have been very poor in their away games so far.
More than 2.5 goals.

Nottingham - Millwall
Millwall are better at home than away but I believe they could manage to get something from this game.
More than 2.5 goals.

Portsmouth - Ipswich
Ipswich have been superb away from home and I believe Roy Keane's team will be able to beat Portsmouth.
Ipswich to win.

QPR - Middlesbrough
The hosts have had a great start to the season and I believe they could manage to beat Middlesbrough.
QPR to win.

Reading - Crystal Palace
Reading have had a poor start to the season but Crystal Palace have not impressed me at all and the hosts could manage a win in this one.
Reading to win.

Scunthorpe - Bristol City
Bristol City have been very poor so far this season and I believe Scunthorpe could get all three points from this clash.
Scunthorpe to win.

Watford - Doncaster
Watford have actually been better away than at home so far this season and Doncaster have been pritty decent.
More than 2.5 goals.

Burnley - Preston
Burnley have been very good at home so far and Preston have been very poor in their recent away games.
Burnley to win.

England Championship picks 28 September

- Tuesday -

Burnley - Hull
Burnley have been strong at home in their recent games and I believe they could manage to beat Hull.
Burnley to win.

Cardiff - Crystal Palace
Cardiff are very strong at home and should have no problems beating Crystal Palace by at least two goals.
Cardiff to win with 0-1 handicap.

Coventry - Doncaster
Coventry have been pritty poor so far this season, but Doncaster have been terrible in their recent away games.
More than 2.5 goals.

Derby - Middlesbrough
Middlesbrough are actually much stronger at home than they are away, but Derby have not been too strong at home recently.
More than 2.5 goals.

Leeds - Preston
Leeds have been outstanding recently and I believe they will be able to continue that trend with a win here.
Leeds to win.

Norwich - Leicester
Leicester have been very disappointing recently and I believe Norwich will be able to win this one without too much trouble.
Norwich to win.

Nottingham - Sheffield Utd
Sheffield Utd are struggling away while Nottingham have had a pritty decent start to the season both home and away.
Less than 2.5 goals.

Portsmouth - Bristol City
Portsmouth have had a very poor start to their stay in the Championship, but they face a weak team in this one and should be able to win.
Portsmouth to win.

Scunthorpe - Barnsley
Scunthorpe have been ok recently and Barnsley have far from impressed me in their recent away games.
More than 2.5 goals.

Watford - Swansea
Watford have had a strong start to the season and I believe they could manage to beat Swansea in this one. Swansea are very strong at home, but weak away.
Watford to win.

QPR - Millwall
QPR have been outstanding in their recent games and I will be a bit surprised if they do not win this one.
QPR to win with 0-1 handicap.

Reading - Ipswich
Reading are very strong at home, but they face a very good team in Roy Keane's Ipswich. This should be a tight one.
Draw.

England Championship picks 2 October

- Saturday -

Barnsley - Cardiff
Cardiff are much better at home than away and Barnsley have managed some strong results at home recently.
Barnsley to win.

Bristol City - Norwich
Bristol City have been very weak recently and I believe there is a big chance at Norwich will be able to win.
Norwich to win.

Crystal Palace - QPR
QPR have had a great start to their season, but only managed a draw in their last game. This is a game the visitors should be able to win.
QPR to win.

Doncaster - Nottingham
Nottingham are very strong away, but Doncaster have impressed me a bit in their recent home games. Could be a close one.
Less than 2.5 goals.

Hull - Coventry
Hull have been disappointing in the Championship, but I expect them to be able to win this one against Coventry.
Hull to win.

Ipswich - Leeds
Leeds will be desperate to bounce back from their defeat to Preston earlier this week, but they face a strong team in this one.
More than 2.5 goals.

Leicester - Scunthorpe
Leicester have been very weak recently and their coach is close to being axed. But this game is one that they could manage to win.
Leicester to win.

Middlesbrough - Portsmouth
Middlesbrough are very strong at home and with the away form that Portsmouth have shown recently I would expect the hosts to win.
Middlesbrough to win with 0-1 handicap.

Millwall - Burnley
Millwall have been pritty weak recently, but Burnley have not been too dangerous in their recent away games.
More than 2.5 goals.

Preston - Reading
Reading are very strong at home, but they have not managed to convince me on their trips. Preston impressed me with a strong win over Leeds earlier this week.
More than 2.5 goals.

Sheffield Utd - Watford
Sheffield Utd have been pritty decent at home recently, but they face a very strong away team in this one.
Less than 2.5 goals.

Swansea - Derby
Swansea have been impressive in their recent home games and I believe they will manage to win this one as well.
Swansea to win.

Here are the norwegian website Oddsen.nu's predictions for the English Championship fixtures on Saturday 2 October:

Barnsley - Cardiff
Prediction: Draw.

Bristol City - Norwich
Prediction: Norwich win.

Crystal Palace - QPR
Prediction: QPR win.

Doncaster - Nottingham

Hull - Coventry
Prediction: Hull win.

Ipswich - Leeds
Prediction: Ipswich win.

Leicester - Scunthorpe
Prediction: Scunthorpe win.

Middlesbrough - Portsmouth

Millwall - Burnley

Preston - Reading

Sheffield Utd - Watford
Prediction: Watford win.

Swansea - Derby

Here are the norwegian newspaper Dagbladet's predictions for the English Championship fixtures on Saturday 2 October:

Barnsley - Cardiff
Prediction: Cardiff win.

Bristol City - Norwich
Prediction: Norwich win.

Crystal Palace - QPR
Prediction: QPR win.

Doncaster - Nottingham
Prediction: Nottingham win.

Hull - Coventry
Prediction: Hull win.

Ipswich - Leeds
Prediction: Leeds win.

Leicester - Scunthorpe
Prediction: Leicester win.

Millwall - Burnley
Prediction: Burnley win.

Preston - Reading
Prediction: Reading win.

Sheffield Utd - Watford

Swansea - Derby

England Championship results 2/10

Barnsley    1 - 2    Cardiff     (0 - 1)       
Bristol City    0 - 3    Norwich    (0 - 2)       
Crystal Palace    1 - 2    QPR    (0 - 0)       
Doncaster    1 - 1    Nottingham    (1 - 1)       
Hull    0 - 0    Coventry    (0 - 0)       
Ipswich    2 - 1    Leeds     (1 - 0)       
Leicester    3 - 1    Scunthorpe    (1 - 0)       
Middlesbrough    2 - 2    Portsmouth    (2 - 0)       
Millwall    1 - 1    Burnley     (1 - 1)       
Preston    1 - 1    Reading    (1 - 0)       
Sheffield Utd    0 - 1    Watford    (0 - 1)       
Swansea    0 - 0    Derby    (0 - 0)

England Championship picks 16 October

- Saturday -

Cardiff - Bristol City
Cardiff City are very strong at home and I would expect them to have no problems beating Bristol City in this one.
Cardiff to win.

Scunthorpe - Doncaster
Scunthorpe have been very weak recently, but Doncaster have been far from impressive recently either.
Less than 2.5 goals.

Barnsley - Nottingham
Nottingham are strong and they have had an decent start to the season and they could manage to get something from this one.
More than 2.5 goals.

Crystal Palace - Millwall
Crystal Palace are ok at home and they face a very weak team in Millwall in this one.
Crystal Palace to win.

Derby - Preston
Derby are pritty decent at home, but they face a very strong away team in this one, so I expect it to be close.
More than 2.5 goals.

Ipswich - Coventry
Ipswich are pritty decent at home and I believe they have a chance of getting something from this one.
Ipswich to win.

Leicester - Hull
Leicester are strong at home and I believe they could manage to take all points from this one against Hull.
More than 2.5 goals.

Portsmouth - Watford
Watford have been superb in their recent games, but Portsmouth have managed to improve following a poor start to the season.
More than 2.5 goals.

QPR - Norwich
QPR have been outstanding so far this season and I expect them to win this game against Norwich.
QPR to win.

Reading - Swansea
Reading are outstanding at home and I believe they have a good chance of winning this one against Swansea.
Reading to win with 0-1 handicap.

Sheffield Utd - Burnley
Burnley are much better at home than they are away, so Sheffield United should have a chance of getting something from this game.
Less than 2.5 goals.

Middlesbrough - Leeds
Middlesbrough have had a weak start to the season, but they are very strong at home and I believe they will win this one.
Middlesbrough to win.

England Championship results 16/10

Middlesbrough    1 - 2    Leeds    (0 - 1)       
Barnsley    3 - 1    Nottingham    (1 - 0)       
Crystal Palace    0 - 1    Millwall    (0 - 0)       
Derby    3 - 0    Preston     (2 - 0)       
Ipswich    1 - 2    Coventry    (0 - 1)       
Leicester    1 - 1    Hull    (1 - 0)       
Portsmouth    3 - 2    Watford    (1 - 0)       
QPR    0 - 0    Norwich    (0 - 0)       
Reading    0 - 1    Swansea    (0 - 1)       
Sheffield Utd    3 - 3    Burnley    (0 - 0)       
Cardiff    3 - 2    Bristol City    (1 - 2)       
Scunthorpe    1 - 3    Doncaster    (1 - 1)