Re: Champions League picks and previews 2010-11

Here are the norwegian newspaper Dagbladet's predictions for the Champions League fixtures on Wednesday 29 September:

Kazan - Barcelona
Prediction: Draw.

H. Tel Aviv - Lyon

Inter - Bremen
Prediction: Inter win.

Panathinaikos - FC Copenhagen

Rangers - Bursaspor

Schalke - Benfica
Prediction: Schalke win.

Tottenham - Twente
Prediction: Tottenham win.

Valencia - Manchester Utd
Prediction: Valencia win.

Here are the norwegian website Oddsen.nu's predictions for the Champions League fixtures on Wednesday 29 September:

Kazan - Barcelona
Prediction: Barcelona win.

H. Tel Aviv - Lyon

Inter - Bremen

Rangers - Bursaspor
Prediction: Rangers win.

Schalke - Benfica

Tottenham - Twente

Here is the norwegian TV channel TV 2's predictions for the Champions League fixtures on Wednesday 29 September:

Kazan - Barcelona

H. Tel Aviv - Lyon

Inter - Bremen

Prediction: Panathinaikos win.

Rangers - Bursaspor

Schalke - Benfica

Tottenham - Twente

Prediction: Valencia win.

Champions League results 29/9

Kazan    1 - 1    Barcelona           
H. Tel Aviv    1 - 3    Lyon           
Inter    4 - 0    Bremen           
Panathinaikos    0 - 2    FC Copenhagen           
Rangers    1 - 0    Bursaspor           
Schalke    2 - 0    Benfica           
Tottenham    4 - 1    Twente           
Valencia    0 - 1    Manchester Utd

Champions League picks and previews 19 and 20 October

- Tuesday -

Sp. Moscow - Chelsea
Chelsea are very strong, but they face a long travel for this game against Spartak Moscow. I believe it will be a close one.
Less than 2.5 goals.

Ajax - Auxerre
Ajax have been weak so far, but French side Auxerre have failed to impress me recently also. Should be close, but I believe Ajax will win this one.
Ajax to win.

Arsenal - Shakhtar
Arsenal have been strong recently, but even tough they face a good team, I expect the Gunners to be able to win this one.
Arsenal to win.

AS Roma - Basel
AS Roma should be able to get a clear win from this game against Basel. I bet them to win this game by at least 2 goals.
AS Roma to win with 0-1 handicap.

Bayern - CFR Cluj
Bayern Munich have been strong in the Champions League so far and I expect them to have no problems winning this game against CFR Cluj.
Bayern to win with 0-1 handicap.

Braga - Partizan
Portuguese giants Braga should have a good chance of winning this game against Partizan.
Braga to win.

Marseille - Zilina
Marseille should have a good chance of beating Slovakian side Zilina in this one at home in France.
Marseille to win.

Real Madrid - AC Milan
Real Madrid have had a good start to their Champions League campaign and I believe they will be able to beat Italian giants AC Milan in this one.
Real Madrid to win.

- Wednesday -

Barcelona - FC Copenhagen
FC Copenhagen have two wins from their first two games of this Champions League campaign, but I believe Barcelona will win this one.
Barcelona to win.

Inter - Tottenham
Both Inter and Tottenham have had good openings to their Champions League campaign, but I believe the hosts will be to strong for Spurs in this game.
Inter to win.

Lyon - Benfica
Lyon have been better in the Champions League than in the French Ligue 1 and I believe the hosts will win this one.
Lyon to win.

Manchester United - Bursaspor
Manchester United have played a lot of draws so far this season, but I expect them to get a clear win in this game.
Manchester United to win with 0-1 handicap.

Panathinaikos - Kazan
Panathinaikos have been very weak so far, but Kazan have not realy impressed me recently either.
More than 2.5 goals.

Rangers - Valencia
Rangers have been pritty decent so far, but they face a Valencia team who have impressed me recently and could get something from this one. Should be close.
Less than 2.5 goals.

Schalke - H. Tel Aviv
Schalke are strong and I expect them to be able to beat Israeli side H. Tel Aviv in this one at home.
Schalke to win.

Twente - Bremen
Both Twente and Bremen have been weak recently. I believe it will be close between these, but should be plenty of goals.
More than 2.5 goals.

Real Madrid v AC Milan

Santiago Bernabéu Stadium
Kick off: 19.45 BST

Real Madrid's Jose Mourinho: "I don't know if (Massimiliano) Allegri will play five or six strikers it's not my choice. He can play with 10 if he wants, but if he plays Inzaghi it will be tougher. You have to respect all these players, they can make a difference. I'd just prefer it if 'Pippo' didn't play."

Inter's Clarence Seedorf: "I think it's going to be a nice match. I have seen Mourinho's team play and I think you can already see the hand of the coach."

Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas: "This is one of those games every player wants to play and every fan wants to see."

Braga v Partizan Belgrade

AXA Stadium

"To achieve a positive result we will have to play to our best, like in Brussels or in certain periods of the games against Shakhtar and Arsenal," Partizan midfielder Sasa Ilic told the club's official website.

"If we succeed, our ambition to play more European football in the spring will come true."

Spartak Moscow v Chelsea

Luzhniki Stadium
Kick off: 17.30 BST

Team details (probable)

Spartak Moscow (4-4-1-1): Dykan; Parshivlyuk, Suchy, Pareja, Makeev; McGeady, Sheshukov, Ibson, D Kombarov; Ari; Welliton.

Chelsea (4-3-3): Cech; Cole, Terry, Ivanovic, Ferreira; Zhirkov, Mikel, Ramires; Malouda, Anelka, Kalou.

Referee: Carlos Velasco Carballo (Spain)

Arsenal v Shakhtar Donetsk

Emirates Stadium

Team details (probable)

Arsenal (4-2-3-1): Fabianski; Eboue, Squillaci, Djourou, Clichy; Song, Wilshere; Walcott, Fabregas, Nasri; Chamakh.

Shakhtar Donetsk (4-5-1): Pyatov; Srna, Rakitskiy, Chygrynskiy, Shevchuk; Gai, Hubschman, Teixeira, Jadson, Willian; Adriano.

Here are the norwegian newspaper Dagbladet's predictions for the Champions League fixtures on Tuesday 19 October:

Sp. Moscow - Chelsea

Ajax - Auxerre
Prediction: Ajax win.

Arsenal - Shakhtar
Prediction: Arsenal win.

AS Roma - Basel
Prediction: AS Roma win.

Bayern - CFR Cluj
Prediction: Bayern win.

Braga - Partizan
Prediction: Braga win.