Topic: Segunda Division picks and previews 2010-11

In this topic I will write my picks for the games in the Segunda Division this season. I will also post some team news now and then and some other types of information.

Hopefully you guys will join the discussions smile

Re: Segunda Division picks and previews 2010-11

Spain Segunda Division picks 1, 2, 3 and 4 October

- Friday -

Villarreal B - Salamanca
Villarreal B have been pritty decent so far this season, but the visitors have been very strong as well. Should be close.
Less than 2.5 goals.

- Saturday -

Betis - Ponferradina
Betis have had an very strong start to the season and I expect them to have no problems winning this game by at least two goals.
Betis to win with 0-1 handicap.

Gimnastic - Xerez
Gimnastic have had a pritty weak start to the season but the hosts have not been too strong away. This should be a close one.
Draw.

Huelva - Las Palmas
Las Palmas have been good so far this season and Recreativo Huelva have not been good at hom.
Las Palmas to win.

Huesca - Celta Vigo
Celta Vigo have had a very good start to the season and Huesca have been far from impressive recently.
Celta Vigo to win.

- Sunday -

Alcorcon - Vallecano
Vallecano have had an outstanding start to the season but the hosts have been very strong at home recently.
More than 2.5 goals.

Cordoba - Barcelona B
Barcelona B have had a good start to the season and the hosts have been disappointing in their recent home games.
Barcelona B to win.

Granada - Girona
Granada have failed to impress me, but Girona have been terrible away so far this season. I expect it to be close.
More than 2.5 goals.

Numancia - Elche
Numancia have had a weak start to the season, but Elche are not good enough away, so I will not go for an away win in this one.
Draw.

Tenerife - Cartagena
Tenerife have been terrible in their games so far this season, but the visitors have not been too strong either.
More than 2.5 goals.

- Monday -

Valladolid - Albacete
Valladolid have had a good start to the season at home and I believe they will be able to win this one.
Valladolid to win.

Spain Segunda Division results 10/10

Girona    0 - 0    Huelva    (0 - 0)       
Numancia    1 - 1    Cordoba     (1 - 0)       
Salamanca    1 - 2    Granada    (1 - 1)       
Xerez    1 - 3    Huesca    (0 - 2)       
Ponferradina    1 - 1    Valladolid    (0 - 0)       
Barcelona B    3 - 1    Tenerife    (2 - 0)

Spain Segunda Division picks 15, 16 and 17 October

- Friday -

Huelva - Salamanca
Huelva have been very weak recently and Salamanca have realy impressed me in their recent away games.
Less than 2.5 goals.

- Saturday -

Betis - Girona
Betis are outstanding at home and I expect them to have no problems winning this game at home.

Albacete - Ponferradina
Ponferradina have been very weak recently so I believe Albacete have a good chance of winning this one.
Albacete to win.

Alcorcon - Xerez
Alcorcon have been very strong recently, but they face another team who have impressed in recent games.
More than 2.5 goals.

Gimnastic - Barcelona B
Barcelona B are much stronger at home than away, but the hosts have failed to impress me recently.
More than 2.5 goals.

Huesca - Cartagena
Huesca have been pritty weak recently, but Cartagena have not been too good recently either. Could be a close one.
More than 2.5 goals.

Villarreal B - Celta Vigo
Celta Vigo have been outstanding recently and I believe they could manage to take all three points from this one.
Celta Vigo to win.

- Sunday -

Granada - Vallecano
Vallecano have been very strong recently, but they face a strong home team in this one, so I expect it to be close.
Less than 2.5 goals.

Cordoba - Elche
Cordoba have been pritty weak in their recent home games, but I do not believe Elche have a chance of getting something from this one.
Draw.

Valladolid - Las Palmas
Valladolid are very strong at home and I believe they could get something from this one, but Las Palmas have been strong recently as well.
Draw.

Tenerife - Numancia
Tenerife have been very weak recently and I believe Numancia have a good chance in recent weeks.
Less than 2.5 goals.

Spain Segunda Division picks 22, 23 and 24 October

- Friday -

Xerez - Villarreal B
Xerez have been much better than the visitors recently. But the visitors have been better away than they have been at home recently.
More than 2.5 goals.

- Saturday -

Vallecano - Huelva
Huelva have been very poor recently and I expect Vallecano to be able to win this game at home.
Vallecano to win with 0-1 handicap.

Barcelona B - Huesca
Barcelona B have been outstanding at home and should have no problems at all winning this game.
Barcelona B to win with 0-1 handicap.

Cartagena - Alcorcon
Alcorcon have been very strong at home, but they have been struggling a bit away. The hosts have been pritty average.
More than 2.5 goals.

Celta Vigo - Granada
Celta Vigo have been outstanding recently and I expect them to win this game at home against Granada.
Celta Vigo to win.

Cordoba - Tenerife
Tenerife have been terrible recently and I believe Cordoba have a good chance of getting something from this game.
Cordoba to win.

Elche - Ponferradina
Elche have been pritty weak recently, but Ponferradina have not really impressed me either. Should be close.
Less than 2.5 goals.

Girona - Valladolid
Valladolid have been better than Girona recently, but the visitors are weak away. Should be close, but I expect many goals.
More than 2.5 goals.

Las Palmas - Albacete
Las Palmas are pritty strong at home and I believe they will be able to take the points from this game.
Las Palmas to win.

- Sunday -

Salamanca - Betis
Betis have been pritty strong recently, but they are better at home and I expect this one to be close.
Draw.

Numancia - Gimnastic
Gimnastic have been very weak recently and I will be surprised if Numancia does not manage to win this one.
Numancia to win.

Spain Segunda Division picks 29, 30 and 31 October

- Friday -

Huelva - Celta Vigo
Celta Vigo have been impressive recently and I expect them to be able to win this game away.
Celta Vigo to win.

- Saturday -

Valladolid - Salamanca
Real Valladolid have been impressed in their recent home games and I expect them to have a chance in this one, but they face a strong team.
Less than 2.5 goals.

Albacete - Girona
Albacete have been better than the visitors recently and I expect a home win in this one.
Albacete to win.

Granada - Xerez
Granada have impressed me a bit recently but the hosts have been impressive as well. Should end close.
Draw.

Huesca - Numancia
Huesca have been terrible at home and could struggle in this one against Numancia.
Less than 2.5 goals.

Ponferradina - Las Palmas
Ponferradina have been very weak recently and I expect Las Palmas to be able to get something from this game.
Draw.

Villarreal B - Cartagena
Villarreal B have been very weak recently, but Cartagena have been terrible in their recent away games.
Less than 2.5 goals.

- Sunday -

Betis - Vallecano
Betis have been outstanding recently and I expect them to be able to win this one at home.
Betis to win.

Alcorcon - Barcelona B
Barcelona B have struggled a lot in their recent away games and I believe Alcorcon will win this game.
Alcorcon to win.

Gimnastic - Cordoba
Gimnastic have been terrible and I will be surprised if Cordoba does not get anything from this game.
Cordoba to win.

Tenerife - Elche
Tenerife have been very weak recently and Elche could manage something, but they have been weak away.
Draw.

Spain Segunda Division results 30/10

Valladolid    1 - 0    Salamanca    (0 - 0)       
Albacete    1 - 1    Girona     (0 - 0)       
Granada    5 - 0    Xerez    (3 - 0)       
Huesca    0 - 0    Numancia    (0 - 0)       
Ponferradina    3 - 2    Las Palmas    (1 - 1)       
Villarreal B    2 - 0    Cartagena    (1 - 0)

Spain Segunda Division picks 5, 6 and 7 November

- Friday -

Elche - Las Palmas
Elche have been very strong recently and I expect them to be able to beat Las Palmas in this one.
Elche to win with 0-1 handicap.

- Saturday -

Numancia - Alcorcon
Numancia have been very strong at home in their recent games and should be able to win this game.
Numancia to win.

Barcelona B - Villarreal B
Barcelona B have been pritty good at home and Villarreal have been far from good recently.
More than 2.5 goals.

Cartagena - Granada
Granada have been pritty strong in their recent away games and they should be able to get something from this meeting with Cartagena.
Granada to win.

Cardoba - Huesca
Cardoba have been very strong recently, but Huesca have been pritty good ein their recent away games.
More than 2.5 goals.

Girona - Ponferradina
Girona have been weak recently I will be a bit surprised if Ponferradina does not manage to get something from this one.
Draw.

Salamanca - Albacete
Salamanca have been very weak recently, but Albacete have not managed to convince me to put the money on them.
Less than 2.5 goals.

Vallecano - Valladolid
Vallecano are very strong at home and should be able to win this meeting with Valladolid at home.
Vallecano to win.

Xerez - Huelva
Xerez have been much better than the visitors recently and should have a good chance of winning this tie.
Xerez to win.

- Sunday -

Celta Vigo - Betis
Betis have been outstanding recently, but they face a very tough away game in this one against Celta Vigo.
More than 2.5 goals.

Tenerife - Gimnastic
Gimnastic have been terrible recently and I expect Tenerife to be able to win this game.
Tenerife to win.

Spain Segunda Division picks 26, 27 and 28 November

- Friday -

Ponferradina - Celta Vigo
Ponferradina have actually impressed me a bit in their recent home games and I believe they could be able to win.
More than 2.5 goals.

- Saturday -

Betis - Barcelona B
I am very impressed by Real Betis' recent results and I expect them to be ale to beat Barcelona B.

Albacete - Xerez
Xerez are much better at home, but they face the weakest side in the league at the moment in this one.
Xerez to win.

Huesca - Elche
Huesca have been pritty disappointing recently but Elche have not been too much better.
Less than 2.5 goals.

Las Palmas - Vallecano
Vallecano are very good at home but based on their recent performances away I believe Las Palmas could win this one.
More than 2.5 goals.

- Sunday -

Alcorcon - Gimnastic
Alcorcon have actually managed a couple of wins at home recently and I believe they could manage to win this game.
Alcorcon to win.

Granada - Cordoba
Granada have been much better than Cordoba recently and at home they should be able to win this one.
Granada to win.

Girona - Salamanca
Girona have been very good at home and I believe they can beat Salamance in this one.
Girona to win.

Huelva - Numancia
Numancia have impressed me a bit recently, but they are not that good away. Huelva have been disappointing in recent games.
Less than 2.5 goals.

Valladolid - Cartagena
Cartagena are not good away compared to their performances at home. Valladolid are pritty strong at home.
Valladolid to win.

Villarreal B - Tenerife
Villarreal B are very strong at home and I can see them beat Tenerife in this one as the visitors have been weak away recently.
Villarreal B to win.

Spain Segunda Division results 26/11

Ponferradina    0 - 0    Celta Vigo    (0 - 0)