Topic: Champions League picks week 48

- Tuesday -

Aalborg - Celtic
Aalborg: 0-2-2
Celtic: 0-2-2
These two are fighting for the important third place that will secure a UEFA cup place. I expect a close tie in this one with few goals.
Less than 2.5 goals.

Villarreal - Manchester United
Villarreal: 2-2-0
Manchester United: 2-2-0
Both teams are almost sure to go through to the next stage of the CL, but I expect United to win this one.
Manchester United to win.

Bayern Munich - Steaua
Bayern Munich: 2-2-0
Steaua: 0-1-3
The hosts have clearly the best team of these two and their last meeting ended in a 0-1 win to the Germans in Romania. Bayern should win this one.
Bayern Munich to win with 0-1 handicap.

Fiorentina - Lyon
Fiorentina: 0-3-1
Lyon: 2-2-0
The hosts must win this game in order to still have a chance of going through to the next stage. But I do not believe they will win.
More than 2.5 goals.

Arsenal - Dynamo Kyiv
Arsenal: 2-2-0
Dynamo Kyiv: 1-2-1
Arsenal have had some internal problems recently, but with new skipper Cesc Fabregas I believe they will be able to win this one.
Arsenal to win.

Fenerbahce - Porto
Fenerbahce: 0-2-2
Porto: 2-0-2
The Turkish side have failed to impress in the CL this season. But maybe they can manage to get something from this. But I will move for a 'safe bet'.
Less than 2.5 goals.

Zenit - Juventus
Zenit: 1-1-2
Juventus: 3-1-0
Juventus have the best form and the Russians have failed to impress like they did last season in the UEFA Cup.
Juventus to win.

BATE - Real Madrid
BATE: 0-2-2
Real Madrid: 2-0-2
Real Madrid have struggled both in the CL and in the La Liga recently. But this is a game they should and most likely will win.
Real Madrid to win.

- Wednesday -

CFR 1907 Cluj - Roma
CFR 1907 Cluj: 1-1-2
Roma: 2-0-2
The Romanians started their CL campaign good with an 1-2 away win over Roma, but after that they have failed to impress.
Roma to win.

Bordeaux - Chelsea
Bordeaux: 2-0-2
Chelsea: 2-1-1
Chelsea should have few problems winning this one, even though they have failed to impress away from home in the CL so far.
Chelsea to win.

Anorthosis - Werder Bremen
Anorthosis: 1-2-1
Werder Bremen: 0-3-1
Werder Bremen have been a huge disappointment in the CL this season and I believe the hosts have a good chance of winnin this one, but will move for the safe bet.
More than 2.5 goals.

Inter - Panathinaikos
Inter: 2-2-0
Panathinaikos: 1-1-2
The hosts come of an important win over Juventus in the Serie A and should manage to get all three points from this one. But do not expect them to entertain.
Inter to win.

Shakhtar Donetsk - Basel
Shakhtar Donetsk: 1-0-3
Basel: 0-1-3
The two poorest teams in the CL group. The hosts from Ukraine should have no problems at all winning this one.
Shakhtar Donetsk to win with 0-1 handicap.

Sporting Lisbon - Barcelona
Sporting Lisbon: 3-0-1
Barcelona: 3-1-0
Both teams have been good so far in this CL group. Sporting's only defeat so far was away to Barcelona. Expect the visitors to win, but few goals in this one.
Less than 2.5 goals.

Liverpool - Marseille
Liverpool: 2-2-0
Marseille: 1-0-3
Their meeting in France ended in a 1-2 win to Liverpool and the Premier League leaders should win again.
Liverpool to win with 0-1 handicap.

Atletico Madrid - PSV Eindhoven
Atletico Madrid: 2-2-0
PSV Eindhoven: 1-0-3
The Spaniards are at the top of the group and should be able to win this one against a Dutch side who have failed to impress this season.
Atletico Madrid to win with 0-1 handicap.