Topic: Eliteserien picks and previews 2010

In this topic I will write my picks, previews and other info for the games in the Norwegian Eliteserien this season. So plenty of info on the Eliteserien, so please join the discussion and provide us with your views and info!

Team home pages:

Aalesund - www.aafk.no
Brann - www.brann.no
Haugesund - www.fkh.no
Honefoss - www.honefossbk.no
Kongsvinger - www.kil.no
Lillestrom - www.lsk.no
Molde - www.mfk.no
Odd Grenland - www.oddgrenland.no
Rosenborg - www.rbk.no
Sandefjord - www.sandefjordfotball.no
Stabaek - www.stabak.no
Start - www.ikstart.no
Stromsgodset - www.godset.no
Tromso - www.til.no
Viking - www.viking-fk.no
Valerenga - www.vif-fotball.no

Re: Eliteserien picks and previews 2010

126 612 users of Norway's biggest website VG Nett believes this will be the league table at the end of this season:

1. Rosenborg
2. Viking
3. Stabaek
4. Molde
5. Brann
6. Odd Grenland
7. Lillestrom
8. Valerenga
9. Start
10. Tromso
11. Stromsgodset
12. Haugesund
13. Aalesund
14. Sandefjord
15. Kongsvinger
16. Honefoss

100% Fotball believes this will be the outcome:

1. Rosenborg
2. Stabaek
3. Molde
4. Viking
5. Odd Grenland
6. Brann
7. Valerenga
8. Lillestrom
9. Start
10. Tromso
11. Stromsgodset
12. Aalesund
13. Honefoss
14. Haugesund
15. Sandefjord
16. Kongsvinger

Here is what Nettavisen believes the outcome will be this season:

1. Molde
2. Rosenborg
3. Stabaek
4. Odd Grenland
5. Viking
6. Lillestrom
7. Valerenga
8. Brann
9. Tromso
10. Aalesund
11. Stromsgodset
12. Honefoss
13. Start
14. Sandefjord
15. Haugesund
16. Kongsvinger

Norwegian sports and betting newspaper Tips believes this will be the outcome:

1. Rosenborg
2. Molde
3. Viking
4. Stabaek
5. Valerenga
6. Brann
7. Odd Grenland
8. Lillestrom
9. Aalesund
10. Stromsgodset
11. Start
12. Sandefjord
13. Haugesund
14. Tromso
15. Honefoss
16. Kongsvinger

Here is ABC Nyheters prediction of this season's Eliteserie:

1: Rosenborg
2: Stabaek
3: Molde
4: Viking
5: Valerenga
6: Brann
7: Odd Grenland
8: Lillestrom
9: Tromso
10: Aalesund
11: Start
12. Stromsgodset
13. Honefoss
14. Sandefjord
15. Haugesund
16. Kongsvinger

Eliteserien 13 March

- Saturday -

Brann - Haugesund
Brann Stadion
Kick-off: 17:00 CET
Last season: Not played.
Brann had 12-8-10 last season, and many expect them to get something similar this season. Vaagan Moen and Solli will miss this game for the hosts. Newly-promoted Haugesund is expected to fight to avoid relegation this season. They managed to beat Brann in a friendly in January, but should struggle in this one.
Brann to win.

Eliteserien 14 and 15 March

- Sunday -

Aalesund - Lillestrom
Color Line Stadion
Kick-off: 18:00 CET
Last season: 3-1
Aalesund have been good against Lillestrom at home in recent season. Out of five meetings here they have won four. Lillestrom have conceded goals int heir last 9 games in the league while Aalesund have scored in their last 10 games in the league.
More than 2.5 goals.

Odd Grenland - Stabaek
Skagerak Arena
Last season: 1-2
The three last meeting between these two at Odd have ended in wins to Stabaek. Stabaek have not lost against Odd in their last seven meetings in the Eliteserien. Stabaek are strong and could win this one.
More than 2.5 goals.

Start - Sandefjord
Sor Arena
Last season: 3-2
Start have been strong against Sandefjord in Kristiansand. They have impressed me in pre-season and with players such as Cristian Bolanos impressing I believe they will win.
Start to win.

Stromsgodset - Kongsvinger
Marienlyst Stadion
Stromsgodset have won their last five home games in the league. Newly-promoted Kongsvinger face a tough game, but they have strengthen their team with players full of experience, such as Thomas Myhre.
Stromsgodset to win.

Tromso - Honefoss
Alfheim Stadion
These two teams have only met one time here and that was in the Adeccoligaen, back in 2002. Tromso won that game 3-1. Tromso have a strong team and should be able to win.
Tromso to win.

Molde - Rosenborg
Aker Stadion
Kick-off: 20:00 CET
Last season: 0-2
The teams met in the quarter final of the cup last season here, a game Molde won 5-0, but I blieve it will be much closer this time around. Neither of Molde's last 11 games in the league have ended with a draw. Rosenborg have impressed me a lot in pre-season and have made some good signings this winter.
Rosenborg to win.

- Monday -

Valerenga - Viking
Ullevaal Stadion
Kick-off: 19:00 CET
Last season: 3-1
It is often close between these two teams when they meet in Oslo. 14 of their last 32 meetings have ended in draws. Viking have made some good signings this winter and with Age Hareide in charge, I believe they could get something from this one.
More than 2.5 goals.

Eliteserien 20, 21 and 22 March

- Saturday -

Stabaek - Valerenga
Telenor Arena
Kick-off: 17:00 CET
Last season: 3-2
Six of the last seven meetings between these two, in all competitions, have ended with more than 2.5 goals. Valerenga did not impress me against Viking in the first game, while Stabaek managed a strong away win over Odd Grenland.
Stabaek to win.

- Sunday -

Haugesund - Stromsgodset
Haugesund Stadion
Newly-promoted Haugesund impressed me a lot with a draw at Brann in their first game of the season. Stromsgodset managed to beat Kongsvinger at home in their first game. Stromsgodset won both meetings when they faced each other in the Adeccoligaen (1st division) in 2006.
More than 2.5 goals.

Honefoss - Aalesund
AKA Arena
Newly-promoted Honefoss face a tough game against a Aalesund team that impressed me against Lillestrom in the first game of the season. Honefoss lost away to Tromso in their game. I believe it could be closer than you could expect.
Less than 2.5 goals.

Kongsvinger - Odd Grenland
Gjemselund Stadion
Newly-promoted Kongsvinger face a strong team that has by many been tipped to finish at the upper part of the table. Odd won both meetings when the two teams met in the Adeccoligaen (1st division) in 2008.
More than 2.5 goals.

Lillestrom - Tromso
Arasen Stadion
Last season: 2-2
Lillestrom disappointed with a terrible result away to Aalesund while Tromso won at home against Honefoss in their first games this season. Three of their last four meetings here have ended in draws.
Draw.

Sandefjord - Molde
Komplett.no Arena
Last season: 1-1
Both meetings between these two last season ended in 1-1 draws. Molde lost at home to Rosenborg in the first game of the season, but it was played under very poor conditions. Sandefjord lost away against Start. I believe Molde will be able to win here this year.
Molde to win.

Viking - Brann
Viking Stadion
Last season: 1-1
The last three meetings between these two have ended in 1-1 draws. Brann only managed a draw against Haugesund in their first game of the season while Viking lost away against Valerenga. But Viking impressed me a lot against Valerenga and I believe they could win this one.
Viking to win.

- Monday -

Rosenborg - Start
Lerkendal Stadion
Last season: 2-3
Start was the only team that managed to beat Rosenborg last season. They opened this season with a win at home over Sandefjord while Rosenborg managed to beat Molde away. I believe Rosenborg will be desperate to beat Start this time around, following their defeat to them last season.
Rosenborg to win with 0-1 handicap.

Eliteserien 27, 28 and 29 March

- Saturday -

Start - Molde
Sor Arena
Kick-off: 16:00 CET
Start: 1-1-0
Molde: 0-0-2
Last season: 2-2
Start impressed against Rosenborg and managed to take a point with them from that meeting. Start have won two of their last three meetings with Molde here. Molde have only managed to win one of their last six meetings with Start, home and away.
More than 2.5 goals.

- Sunday -

Aalesund - Stabaek
Color Line Stadion
Aalesund: 2-0-0
Stabaek: 1-1-0
Last season: 1-0
Aalesund have had a very strong start to the season, but Stabaek has been good to. I expect it to be close in this one, but should be many goals.
More than 2.5 goals.

Lillestrom - Honefoss
Arasen Stadion
Lillestrom: 1-0-1
Honefoss: 0-0-2
Lillestrom were very strong in their last game and managed a 2-0 win over Tromso and I would expect them to beat Honefoss in this one.
Lillestrom to win with 0-1 handicap.

Odd Grenland - Haugesund
Skagerak Arena
Odd Grenland: 1-0-1
Haugesund: 0-2-0
Their last meeting here ended in a 1-1 draw, that was in the 1st division back in 2008. Odd Grenland have a much better team than Haugesund and should win.
Odd Grenland to win.

Stromsgodset - Viking
Marienlyst Stadion
Stromsgodset: 1-1-0
Viking: 1-0-1
Last season: 2-1
Stromsgodset managed to win here last season, but Viking impressed me a lot against Brann. They also impressed me against Valerenga, despite losing the game. I believe Viking could win this one.
Viking to win.

Tromso - Kongsvinger
Alfheim Stadion
Tromso: 1-0-1
Kongsvinger: 0-0-2
Tromso last met Kongsvinger here in 1999, then they won 4-1 and I would expect Tromso to win again this time.
Tromso to win with 0-1 handicap.

Valerenga - Rosenborg
Ullevaal Stadion
Valerenga: 1-1-0
Rosenborg: 1-1-0
Last season: 1-2
Rosenborg managed to win here last season, but struggled against Start on Monday. Valerenga have been good in their two opening games of the season. Could be close.
More than 2.5 goals.

- Monday -

Brann - Sandefjord
Brann Stadion
Brann: 0-1-1
Sandefjord: 1-0-1
Last season: 0-1
Sandefjord managed to win 0-1 here last season. Brann have had a terrible start to the season and the fans in Bergen will be looking for a comfortable win from Steinar Nilsen's men in this game.
Brann to win.