Re: LIVE - Survival Sunday: Five clubs, 90 minutes, two relegation spots

litlio wrote:
michel wrote:

Did you take a look at scorers tables. I think Ferguson will let Berbatov play as he is now level with Tevez on the list, so if he scores he has a good chance to be the top scorer. Not any massive thing but a bet on him to score might be a good idea to consider with some low stakes.

Top scorers in the EPL:
D. Berbatov     Manchester United     20
C. Tévez     Manchester City     20
R. van Persie     Arsenal     17
D. Bent     Sunderland     17
P. Odemwingie     West Bromwich Albion     15
J. Hernández     Manchester United     13
D. Campbell     Blackpool     13
F. Malouda     Chelsea     13
D. Kuyt     Liverpool     13
R. van der Vaart     Tottenham Hotspur     13

berbatov will be desperate to get a goal against blackpool and I also expect Ferguson to be keen for Berbatov to finish above Tevez on the top scorers list. Will be an interesting battle between Berbatov and Tevez this one. I believe Tevez will finish top actually...

I will go for Berbatov then smile  Believe he will get two goals against Blackpool today!

Blackpool will have to attack and I think that with Man U offensive power even without Rooney or Nani home team will be first to score. And if they do they will get more relaxed and might allow Blackpool to get a one but I wouldn't bet on it. The big question is how will Man U defence look like. I believe that Fergie will rotate a few front players allowing for example Berbatov and Hernandez to play 60 minutes and then putting Rooney and Nani just to get some game before Barca and in defence Fergie might just put some fresh mens to rest the top guys as he only has 3 subs

michel wrote:

Blackpool will have to attack and I think that with Man U offensive power even without Rooney or Nani home team will be first to score. And if they do they will get more relaxed and might allow Blackpool to get a one but I wouldn't bet on it. The big question is how will Man U defence look like. I believe that Fergie will rotate a few front players allowing for example Berbatov and Hernandez to play 60 minutes and then putting Rooney and Nani just to get some game before Barca and in defence Fergie might just put some fresh mens to rest the top guys as he only has 3 subs

I believe Jonny Evans and Chris Smalling will start at the back for United. Rio and Nemanja should be rested by Fergie. But I actually believe Smalling have been better than Rio this season.

I also expect Michael Owen to start the game, probably alongside Berbatov.

Fletcher is in need of gametime so he should start, probably alongside Darron Gibson.

HakonHoy wrote:

I believe Jonny Evans and Chris Smalling will start at the back for United. Rio and Nemanja should be rested by Fergie. But I actually believe Smalling have been better than Rio this season.

I also expect Michael Owen to start the game, probably alongside Berbatov.

Fletcher is in need of gametime so he should start, probably alongside Darron Gibson.

And this makes quite a strong team that will be pretty hard to beat. All those guys will try to impress Fergie to get even a smallest chance to play against Barca.

mhm. for sure they will. Fergie might even decide to play Anderson. But I do not expect Ryan Giggs or Paul Scholes to play. They will take part in Gary Neville's testimonial and that is probably enough for them.

Rio Ferdinand is talking about United legends on his Twitter:
"RIP George Best...how fitting that we are lifting the PL on 1 of the Best players to play football birthday."

What do you think on Wolves - Blackburn game? In theory both should fight hard to get 3 points and be safe from relegation. But when you look at table and see how hard it will be for Blackpool, Birmingham and also Wigan, they might just play for a draw. I mean it's hard to imagine that Blackpool will beat Man U, Birmingham will beat Tottenham (which is fighting for Europa League) and Wigan beats stoke away.

Initially I was thinking about a bet on Wolves but I don't expect it to be a very opened game and if any team wins it will be a 1:0 or 0:1 so getting an under 2,5 seems like a better idea than Wolves.

Wolves v Blackburn could be a draw, I agree. But I believe Wolves fans will get behind their team at home and the hosts could have a good chance at beating Blackburn in that one.

Birmingham should struggle at Tottenham and Wigan away at Stoke pewww.. Stoke should win it, but I believe Wigan will do it in that one and Tony Pulis will be furious with his side if they do!!

United's Rio Ferdinand has taken time to heap praise on Edwin van der Sar, who will play his last Premier League game at OT today. Rio wrote on his twitter: "Respect to #edwinvandersar the best goalkeeper I have played with....cool, calm + assured."

Van der Sar is for sure one of the best goalkeeper's there have ever been in football!

Rooney is looking forward to title celebrations with his family later on, he wrote on his twitter recently: "Can't wait to put my medal on Kai later today. Proud moment. Little man will be buzzing"

Blackpool star Charlie Adam is "believing" today. He wrote on his Twitter in the last couple of hours: "Morning all massive game today thank u for the fantastic support. BELIEVE"