Re: R.I.P Gary Speed - Wales boss Speed dies aged 42

More from Twitter:

Liverpool legend Glenn Hysén:

"Shocking news about Gary Speed, I dont know what to say. Its so sad. Take care. Glenn."

Fulham and Australia keeper Mark Schwarzer:

"Very sad to hear about the death of Gary Speed, true gentleman, great role model & was a fantastic player! Our thoughts are with his family"

Cardiff and Wales footballer Robert Earnshaw:

"I feel so sad.We have lost our manager,leader and an extremely great person who's inspired us all in the last year.Rest in Peace Gary Speed"

Billionaire, Lotus F1 team owner, Air Asia owner and QPR owner Tony Fernandes:

"Condolences to The family of Gary Speed. A real gentleman. Some things don't really make sense."

Quinn pays tribute to Speed

Former Sunderland chairman Niall Quinn has expressed his shock and sadness at the news of the passing of Gary Speed.

Read more: http://www.ontheminute.com/news/news.php?news=35391

More from Twitter:

Chief Executive of the Scottish Football Association, Stewart M. Regan:

"I am speechless at the news of Gary Speed's death. Craig L and I had lunch with him on Weds in Brussels. Talented young manager. So sad"

Speed's death reminds us that football really is just a game

Published: 27.11.11 / Written by: David Gold

The death of Gary Speed has shocked the football world. Here was a man who was coaching the most talented young group of Welsh players for some years.

With the experience of Craig Bellamy, the potentially world class talents of Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey, and other starlets such as Sam Vokes.

Read more: http://www.ontheminute.com/features/features.php?id=249

Former Leeds boss pays tribute to Speed

Gary Speed's manager at Leeds United, Howard Wilkinson, has paid his tribute to the Wales manager who has been found hanged at his home near Chester.

Read more: http://www.ontheminute.com/news/news.php?news=35392

More from Twitter:

Jermaine Jenas:

"Hard day to play football, speedo was the best professional I've ever played with I'm absolutely devastated, my thoughts are with his family"

Bobby Gould:

"just pouring myself the biggest Southern Comfort & lemonade possible to toast Gary Speeds life."

Chief Executive of the Scottish Football Association, Stewart M. Regan:

"Gary Speed told Craig & I on Wednesday about his decision to quit football at the age of 39. He played for Sheff Utd in the Carling Cup.....

"...and came up against a 16 year old Jack Wilshere vs Arsenal. Said the young lad ran rings round him. He was laughing, said it was time....

"..to call it a day and hang his boots up. He couldn't believe he was 23 years older than Jack, could have been his Dad! I am so sad today."

R.I.P. Gary Speed!

Great player, great man, superb coach!

More from Twitter:

Gary Speed's Wales assistant Raymond Verheijen:

"Gary Speed was a beautiful person & a top manager. Today I've lost a friend with who I shared a dream. My thoughts are with his wife & kids."

West Ham boss pays tribute to Speed

West Ham manager Sam Allardyce has expressed his shock and sadness at the news of the passing of Gary Speed.

Read more: http://www.ontheminute.com/news/news.php?news=35413

More from Twitter:

Manchester United and England defender Rio Ferdinand:

"RIP Gary Speed - a great professional. Never knew him but seemed a real decent fella. Thoughts go out to the family at a devastating time."

Take That member and X Factor judge Gary Barlow:

"Gary Speed. A great guy, A great footballer, A great Manager. Will be missed dearly by friends, family & fans!"

Former Norway international and Swindon striker Jan Aage Fjortoft:

"So sad to hear about the death of Gary Speed. A player and a person I have always respected very much. My thoughts with his family"

Cricket legend Ronnie Irani:

"I've cried all day and will cry myself to sleep. My daughter just said "Dad some people do something they don't know" RIP Gary Speed mate."