Topic: Stunned by Manchester United and Manchester City 's CL crash?

Incredible... Stunning... Bemusing?

Manchester United and Manchester City - the current top dogs of the Premier League both crash out of the Champions League at the group stages.

Surprised? Shocked?

What do you think of their exits?

Have your say!

Re: Stunned by Manchester United and Manchester City 's CL crash?

Reactions from Twitter....

Former Sunderland star Michael Gray:

"If you don't beat the likes of basel home or away you could say the writing was on the wall...! Manchester may be a bit quiet 2moro!!!"

More reactions...

Daniel Harris:

"This London 2 Manchester 0 is tremendous. 2 what? Champions League round of sixteen births? However will Manchester cope?"

Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas on Twitter: "Two English teams and two Spanish out of the Champions League. European football is very strong."

BBC pundit Mark Lawrenson on BBC Five Live: "There is a big difference between Man City and Man United. United have been used to marrying the Premier League and the Champions League for years. City will gain from the experience. But when Real Madrid and Barcelona hear about the Manchester United result, they will react in disbelief."

Danny Mills on BBC 5 live: "When this group stage came out Manchester United were a certainty to go through, but they have got it completely wrong. Disastrous results at home have cost them dear and I don't think they did enough here tonight to test the goalkeeper. It was such a disappointing performance."

More reactions from Twitter:

Sunday Mirror's Brian McNally:

"A bad night for 2 Manchester. Clubs but an embarrassing one for Mr Ferguson who thought #mufc last 16 credentials were beyond question."

Manchester United legend Norman Whiteside:

"Ok, let's get this straight. I wanted United to win tonight, but we also have to face facts. We have to score more goals."

The Daily Telegraph's Paul Hayward:

"SAF keeps faith with his young players but 8 months after they reached a Champions Lge final #MUFC will be under intense pressure to respond"

Sunday Mirror's Brian McNally:

"Man City left themselves too much to do after a poor start to the CL group. The disunity in Munich didn't help but #mcfc will be back."

Manchester United legend Roy Keane: "This is a reality check for these so-called brilliant English teams and people who think this is the best league in the world."

"I'd get hold of some of the young lads and say 'Buck up your ideas, you're playing for Man United.'

"Chelsea and Arsenal will be a handful, but I wouldn't look beyond the Spanish teams. They are sending messages to everyone."

Keane launch stunning attack on Man Utd youngsters

Manchester United legend Roy Keane launched an stunning attack on the youngsters at his former club following their Champions League exit.

Read more: http://www.ontheminute.com/news/news.php?news=35649

The Mirror's Oliver Holt:

"Trenchant criticism of MUFC's young players by keane. Slightly harsh. Maybe squad a bit thin. A lot being asked of them v quickly"

"I'm a big admirer of Smalling, Jones, Cleverley and Welbeck. They will all be fine players for MUFC."

"But I think point made by @R_o_M and a few others is crucial - why didn't United buy a top line central midfielder in the summer?"

"Things might have been very different if Cleverley had not been injured but he should be playing alongside one of world's best midfielders"

Feature piece by Ontheminute.com's David Gold:

Manchester City's tactical failing exposed in Europe

Manchester City's by now probable exit from the Champions League has been largely excused by the press for their lack of experience in the competition.

Roberto Mancini, who coached Inter Milan to years of failure in the competition having played in it whilst a player, is apparently managing a team to whom the competition is new.

Read more: http://www.ontheminute.com/features/features.php?id=260

The Sun journalist Charlie Wyett

"We may think the CL is poorer for Man U and Man C exits - but the rest of Europe won't care. They've become bored with PL teams doing well"

Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny on Twitter: "I don't agree with De Gea criticism. He's potentially one of the best GK in the world but needs time to get his confidence at Man Utd!."