Topic: Playoff final: Derby - West Bromwich

Playoff-final at Wembley, the winner is ready for next seasons Premier League. Derby did not have any plans of promotion this season, but was the closest to challenge the top two after 46 rounds. Finished the season weak in the league, before the away win, home defeat and win on penaltys over Southampton in the semi-final. No players missing.

West Brom did the job at home, but were very weak away from home to manage direct promotion. Won the last two matches o the season and beat Waolves 3-2 and 1-0 in the semi-final. Captain Davies is out with injury.

Head2Head:
Dec 2, 06 West Bromwich 1 - 0 Derby
Nov 4, 06 Derby 2 - 1 West Bromwich
Dec 26, 03 West Bromwich 1 - 1 Derby
Aug 30, 03 Derby 0 - 1 West Bromwich

Both of the league meetings between these two were played before Christmas, the home team won with one goal in both matches. Albion are still getting a lot of money from the Premier League's tv deal after their relegation one year ago, they will loose this support and probably some of their best players with a new year in the Championship. Derby have less pressure on them, but they are missing the quality players Albion have

I believe there is a good chance that West Brom will win this match and 2.38 is playable. I also believe 1.82 in odds on Under 2.5 goals is playable as I believe it is unlikely there will be many goals in this match.

West Bromwich to win and Over 2.5 goals is my pick in this match.

Good luck ! :0)

Re: Playoff final: Derby - West Bromwich

I agree with your pick. Will follow this with West Brom win and more than 2.5 goals my self.

Thanks for the info smile