He said: “We are in talks about it. I don’t want to force anything and I don’t think the club wants to force anything. We will take the time now.
“The transfer window is open. It might happen. If we can agree on something both parties are happy with, then why not? I am really enjoying my football and hopefully we can get promoted as well.
“My signing does not depend on Birmingham going up. You can never say if we are going to go up or not. If a deal is going to be made now, then I won’t have any guarantees of us getting in the Premier League for next season.
“It is an important decision for me to make and I am at that stage of my career now where I want to make the right decision. We will have to wait and see what happens.”