Man Utd close in on Liverpool target

The Brazilian star has catched the eye of United scouts following a string of good performances for Cruzeiro.

The 24-year-old is only 60% owned by Cruzeiro, with the other 40% owned by a third party, something which would break Premier League rules.

The Daily Star reports that United have begunt talks with the Brazilian FA to find the best solution in an attempt to sign Ribeiro.

United are reportedly considering making a £7million bid for Ribeiro in the January transfer window.

Ribeiro told Brazilian TV earlier this week: “I will continue doing my job here at Cruzeiro but plan on getting to a big club, it’s a dream I’ve had since I was young, I’ve always liked Manchester United.”

Ribeiro has also been strongly linked with a move to Liverpool in recent weeks.